Completed in early 2018, The Bend Motorsport Park is a state-of-the-art motorsport complex located near Adelaide
Developed by the Peregrine Corporation, operator of the popular “On the Run” service station franchise, the centerpiece of the $150m AUD investment near the town of Tailem Bend is the 7.7km GT circuit – the second-longest permanent circuit in the world after the Nürburgring in Germany. A total of seven circuit configurations are available from 3.4km to 7.7km in length.
Since opening in April 2018, The Bend has hosted several rounds of the Australian Supercars Championship on the 4.95km International Circuit, as well as the Asian Le Mans Series on the 7.7km GT circuit. Regular track days and driving/passenger experiences for local racing enthusiasts are also on offer.
The Bend is rated to FIA Grade 2 and FIM Category A standards. Other racing attractions at The Bend include an international-standard karting circuit, 4WD Adventure Park, rally and offroad precinct, and skid pan.
The pit complex at The Bend incorporates the 4-star Rydges Pit Lane Hotel and FUEL Restaurant & Bar. A BIG4 Holiday Park is also situated on the 750 hectare site, and there are plans to develop trackside villas (with attached garages for owners’ toys) and an industrial park.
Upcoming Events at the The Bend Motorsport Park
The 2021 The Bend Supersprint was held as part of the 2021 Supercars championship on May 8-9. Ford drivers Andre Heimgartner, Anton de Pasquale and Cameron Waters won the three races, though Shane van Gisbergen took the round for Holden.
View all upcoming events on The Bend website.
How to get there
The Bend is located near the town of Tailem Bend, 100km southeast of Adelaide.
- The best way to get to The Bend is by car. The circuit is located on the dual-carriage South Eastern Freeway from Adelaide to Melbourne. The travelling time from Adelaide to The Bend is normally about 75 minutes.
- For the OTR 500 Supercars race, Sealink also offers bus transfers from Adelaide, Mount Barker and Murray Bridge
Where to stay
Where to stay near The Bend Motorsport Park
- At the Circuit: The Rydges Pit Lane Hotel is a brand new 4-star hotel located within the pit building at The Bend. Many rooms have windows or balconies overlooking the circuit. There’s also a BIG4 Holiday Park at the circuit offering pitches, dormitory beds and spacious holiday homes for rent. Please note that advance bookings will be necessary (and prices higher) for the Rydges Pit Lane Hotel and BIG4 Holiday park during large motorsport events at The Bend. Trackside camping is also available for the OTR The Bend 500, priced at $199 for a 2-person pitch.
- Tailem Bend: The small town of Tailem Bend, just a few kilometres from the circuit gates, has a few basic motels and a caravan park.
- Murray Bridge: Approximately 25 minutes’ drive from The Bend is the regional town of Murray Bridge (population 20,000), which has several motels and a good selection of homestays and houses for rent.
- Adelaide: The capital of South Australia, just over 1 hours’ drive from The Bend, offers everything from budget backpacker dorms to 5-star chain hotels.
Track Days, Driving & Passenger Experiences at The Bend
- Karting: The 1.1km kart track at The Bend offers some of the fastest go-karts in Australia. Ten-minute sessions cost from $30 and races are available for groups of ten or more.
- Passenger Rides: Hot Laps in a V8 Mustang are available from $99, and rides in an open-wheel Formula Toyota are also available.
- Driving Experiences: Half day driving experiences, where you can get behind the wheel of several cars, are available from $799
Download a larger version here.