The World Endurance Championship moved to a winter schedule last year with the introduction of the first “Super Season” that began at Spa-Francorchamps in May 2018 and concludes with the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June 2019.
The Super Season format continues in 2019-2020; the new season is scheduled to begin at Silverstone on September 1 this year and conclude with the eighth and final round at Le Mans in June 2020. The global calendar features three rounds in Europe (Le Mans, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps), two rounds in Asia (Fuji and Shanghai) and single rounds in the Middle East (Bahrain), North America (Sebring) and South America (Sao Paulo). Four of the eight circuits on the 2019/2020 Super Season calendar also current host Formula 1.
Upcoming Events on the WEC Calendar
- March 13-16: 1000 Miles of Sebring @ Sebring International Raceway
- May 4: 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
- June 15-16: 24 Hours of Le Mans @ Circuit de la Sarthe
- September 1: 4 Hours of Silverstone @ Silverstone Circuit
- October 13: 6 Hours of Fuji @ Fuji Speedway
- November 17: 4 Hours of Shanghai @ Shanghai International Circuit
- December 14: 8 Hours of Bahrain @ Bahrain International Circuit